Head of HR
Industry: Security Services
Salary: Ksh 200,000 gross plus medical, pension etc
Our client one of the leading Security Solutions provider for a wide host of clients in diverse industries offering manned guarding, K-9 guarding, investigations, VIP protection and Cash-in-transit. They seek to hire a Head of Human Resources to manage a 4000 strong work force.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify staff vacancies, recruit, interview and select applicants
- Allocate human resources, to various departments as per need
- Ensuring appropriate matches between the positions and personnel hired
- Open and maintain personal files for individual employees which are to be updated according to the employee details checklist
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters and analyzing and modifying policies to establish competitive programs
- Ensure strict compliance to employment related legal requirements.
- Plan and monitor leave plans and leave details for each individual employee
- Maintain and update the management staff master roll
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, labour turnover and absenteeism rates.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives
- Timely confirmation of employees completing probation period
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Develop, administer and evaluate applicant tests
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends and represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Develop the HR strategy aligned to the organization’s corporate strategy, goals and targets
- Direct, plan, organise and manage the Human Resources department
- Effectively lead, advise, manage and guide; management, stakeholders and employees on people issues
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to support the achievement of the overall corporate goals
- Ensure the department’s management, and service level towards all its customers, are at an optimal levels
- Provide full relationship support regarding people issues such as conflict resolution, performance management, collective bargaining agreement interpretation and termination
- Effectively diagnosing issues, recommending solutions and ensuring successful implementation of agreed recommendations
- Maintain day-to-day financial control of the human resources department within agreed budgets
- Ensure services within the human resources department are adequately managed, staffed and resourced with appropriate development and succession plans
- Build external relationships with service providers, statutory bodies, and communities
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Business/ Human Resource Management from a recognized institution
- Professional qualifications in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management or equivalent
- Over 7 years HR management experience
- Proven HR Generalist
- Experience working in a complex environment with a high level of uncertainty around predicted or future recruitment requirements.
- Experience handling large work forces and unionized employees
- Experience in developing positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Influencing skills
- Ability to make sound judgment and handle difficult situations
- More importantly, is a team player
The post Reputable Company Job Vacancy in Kenya : Head of HR appeared first on Jobs in Kenya.