1. Repair and maintenance of all hardware supplied by the company
2. Maintenance of records of all devices repaired / serviced
3. Testing of all hardware before being delivered to the customer to ensure they are in their optimal working condition
4. Responsible for taking care of the tools supplied in the department and making sure they are in proper working condition at all times.
5. Keeping records of all the hardware repaired including details such as serial numbers, problem reported / solved, spare parts used, tests carried etc.
6. Repair and maintenance of all fiscal devices while observing adherence to Revenue Authorities laws
8. Carrying out research for the purposes of product development and ensuring that the products supplied by the company remain competitive
9. Training users on the operations of the hardware devices supplied by the company
10. Handling complains from clients and advising management on the same to ensure proper measures are taken
11. Adhering to the stipulated code of conduct when dealing with clients at all times
- Higher diploma in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or its equivalent
- At least two (2) years experience dealing with electronics hardware
- Passion for troubleshooting and resolving electronic faults
- Good interpersonal skill
- Customer service skills
- Fast learner
The post Technical Support Engineer (Hardware) Job in Kenya appeared first on Jobs in Kenya.
- Assess hotel performance and develop equipment reliability and improvement plans.
- Providing technical advice to the hotel’s mechanical department by supervising the service and repair of machines.
- Supervising the technical team.
- Formulating and implementing policies and standards for the mechanical department.
- Measuring and evaluating performance and needs of the hotel.
- Maintains systems by monitoring and guiding the maintenance staff and ensure facilities and systems operate properly.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure smooth running of the hotel.
- Advising and guiding the hotel’s management on regulatory, health and safety operational procedures.
- Liaising with suppliers for timely installations, repair and maintenance of hotel facilities and equipment through a maintenance schedule.
- Bsc in Mechanical Engineering or related degree, Masters will be an added advantage.
- Over 7 years proven experience in Mechanical Engineering, those in hospitality industry have an added advantage.
- Demonstrate effective technical skills.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry legal policies and framework.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective commercial awareness skills.
- Team working skills complemented with motivation, versatility and analytical skills.
- Ability and readiness to work for many hours.
Country Logistics Manager
- Oversee the furnishings of premises (offices and guesthouses);
- Supervise maintenance and repairs of premises;
- Identify needs in stationery and office supplies;
- Establish a follow-up procedure for the stationery store;
- Undertake purchases and storage of supplies;
- Manage the expenses for the logistical department ;
- Provide documentary justification of expenses to the Country Finance Department;
- Undertake a market study;
- Set up and maintain a database of local suppliers, detailing criteria of quality, price, service, ethics etc;
- Purchase goods, draft contracts;
- Receive merchandise and oversee the customs procedures for imported goods;
- Check the condition and nature of goods received as required by the contracts;
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of procurement documents, conforming to FLAT procedures;
- Identify warehouses for storages, ensure premises are furnished and made secure for use;
- Establish tools for stock management;
- Undertake periodic inventories;
- Manage stock movements and distributions of goods in the framework of project implementation;
- Organise the allocation and daily availability of vehicles;
- Establish tools for vehicles follow-up: log books, technical check-ups etc.
- Ensure the maintenance of and undertake a monthly inventory of the vehicle pool
- Calculate and check the monthly cost of each vehicle (fuel consumption, repairs) in coordination with the CFO;
- Identify companies for the transportation of stock;
- Elaborate and follow a timetable of stock delivery for projects;
- Complete and file waybills ;
- Organise and oversee loading and unloading of goods;
- Ensure administrative and custom requirements are adhered to;
- Organise the installation of computing hardware and software (computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers, Network systems);
- Identify suppliers of Internet access and negotiate service contracts;
- Ensure back-ups of information and files are kept on the server;
- Ensure the maintenance and undertake a regular inventory of IT equipment;
- Organise the installation of communication equipment: telephones, HF and VHF radios;
- Train staff in the use of such equipments;
- Ensure the maintenance and undertake a monthly inventory of communication equipment;
- Calculate and check the monthly communication cost of each base (telephones, e-mail, Internet), in coordination with the CFO;
- Organise the installation of equipment: generators, solar panels etc;
- Train staff in the operation of such equipments;
- Ensure regular maintenance and undertake a monthly inventory of equipment;
- Update the organization chart and ToRs of the logistics department according to the mission development;
- Oversee the team and undertake appraisals of directly supervised colleagues;
- Ensure training and capacity building for logistics team members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills within the department;
- Develop relevant management procedures within the team;
- Improve information flows within the department and with other departments and projects
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Extensive experience in logistics and/or security management and procedures;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable
The post ACTED Job Vacancy in Kenya : Country Logistics Manager appeared first on Jobs in Kenya.
READ MORE HERE >>>
Visit http://ift.tt/Z3q2V0 for more information and more jobs in Kenya